Summer is finally here and it is time for us to celebrate the season with plenty of feel good vibes all day long. Embrace the warmer weather and make the most of the long, summer days with bright beautiful mornings and light glorious evenings.
In order to relish each summery day, how can we learn to enjoy each moment as a time to feel good and have fun? Here are ten ultimate summer feel good tips that will help you to dive into summer and bask in all its glory.
- Embrace the Lighter Mornings – Want a lie in? Go to bed early for a good night’s sleep then get up early, feel fresh and energetic ready to take on the beautiful day. Be more productive in the morning, do a workout, get work done and relax into the evening. This feels so much better than losing most of the morning to feeling groggy and unmotivated!
- Eat in Season – Summer brings an array of seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables that are waiting to be eaten. Enjoy the foods you know and ones that are new! Think of all those scrumptious strawberries, vibrant greens and mouth-watering mangoes.
- Get Outdoors – This time of year is perfect to get outdoors and relish the fresh air. There are many options such as going for a walk, run, bike ride and exploring the great outdoors on trails, countryside walks, river walks and more. Look at nature trail booklets, read up on quaint towns with beautiful surroundings and seek national parks.
- Rid the Gym Membership – If you have a gym membership and don’t use it, then get rid of it. Instead get outdoors and workout. It is a waste of money if you are constantly putting the gym at the bottom of the list. It will be a breath of fresh air for both the mind and body when you open up the possibilities for exercising outdoors, or at home, rather than the pressure of having to go to a gym when it’s the last thing you desire.
- Soak Up the Sun – The sunshine will make you feel good; it always seems to put a spring in your step. The sun can be good for your health, just ensure you go out earlier in the day and later on in the day rather than midday when it is generally at its hottest and you are more likely to burn. When sunlight touches our skin, our body is able to produce vitamin D which helps to increase calcium absorption in the body – great news for stronger bones!
- Visit Local Farmers Markets – Farmers markets are fantastic during summer as they are abundant in all of the delicious seasonal foods. Head there alone or with family or friends, whichever inspires you to stock up on the goodies and get creative with the culinary delights. Plus, it is another excuse to be outdoors and enjoy the company of food lovers!
- Picnics – Take your family or friends for a walk and then finish with an afternoon picnic filled with healthy delicious food to enjoy and feel good. This is a great way to get your exercise and nutritious food into a fun afternoon with loved ones, all achieved in an effortless manner. Pack lots of fresh fruit to share with crunchy raw vegetables, make a batch of homemade hummus for a vibrant easy picnic.
- Water – Keep hydrated during the warmer season as you will tend to sweat more. The body needs water to feel good and this will affect your mood and motivation. If you want to feel energetic, positive and ready for summer then ensure you drink plenty of water in the morning once you wake up, then keep drinking during the day to keep your body well hydrated.
- Schedule a Food Gathering – With a bunch of friends, organise a foodie meet up at yours or a friend’s house. Everyone brings a healthy dish using a variety of seasonal fresh produce. This is a great way to introduce different foods to one another and enjoy good food in great company. If it’s a beautiful day you can sit outdoors – this always seems to make the food taste better!
- Love Your Body – Everyone starts to focus on the ‘bikini beach body’, but you already have the bikini body. Start loving your body right now, provide it with good nutrition, move it daily and tell yourself one positive thing about your body every single day. You can make changes to your body, all it takes is consistent action every day to change those current habits, but always bear in mind that you are beautiful and don’t let magazines and social media pictures tell you otherwise. Embrace your beautiful body.
What will you be doing this summer to have fun and feel good?